Silverlake Dental Sealants
Silverlake, CA, residents can turn to Silverlake Smiles for their dental sealant needs. Call us today at (213) 631-7799!
Dental sealants can work wonders when protecting your teeth from food particles. When chewing, your teeth may accumulate harmful residue like plaque. This plaque can lead to cavities and gum disease.
Our Silverlake Smiles team can help you decide if dental sealants are suitable for you. Our team of qualified dentists has many years of experience. We are happy to serve Silverlake, CA, and the surrounding areas.
How to Apply Dental Sealants
Dental sealants are a tiny coating applied to a tooth surface to protect it from bacteria, plaque, and other harmful materials. Resin comprises this coating substance, and most patients don’t feel this material. Sealants are also clear or white to match your teeth.
Applying this coating to your teeth is a fairly straightforward process:
- Your dentist will start by cleaning your teeth.
- Once your teeth are dry, we apply a low-acidity solution to your teeth. This solution helps the dental sealant bond.
- Your dentist will spread a thin sealant layer over each tooth that needs treatment. The sealant will then bond to each tooth’s surface (enamel).
- Lastly, the sealant will harden, creating a shield that protects your teeth from bacteria and food particles.
How Children Benefit from Dental Sealants
By the age of seven, children will typically start growing their permanent teeth. Unfortunately, children’s molars and premolars are susceptible to issues like cavities. Additionally, children’s teeth brushing skills aren’t as thorough as adults.
Ideally, children should receive dental sealants between ages four and 15. Although rare, your dentist might even recommend that your baby receive dental sealant.
How Long Will My Dental Sealants Last?
Although dental sealants take less than 15 minutes to place, they have a high life expectancy. The average dental sealant will last at least ten years. However, you can take the following steps to ensure your sealant receives the proper dental care:
- Maintain your oral health: All dental procedures supplement your regular dental health routine. Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes using fluoride toothpaste. You should also floss at least once a day.
- Abstain from bad habits: Although we all love a sweet treat now and again, it’s best to have a healthy diet and consume sweets in moderation. Avoid sugary drinks like soda and energy drinks, and don’t smoke.
- Regular dental check-ups: You’ll want to visit your dentist at least twice a year. Doing so can help your dentist monitor the progress of your sealants and diagnose and prevent other issues.
Receive the Dental Care You Need in Silverlake, CA
At Silverlake Smiles, we’re proud to serve areas like Silverlake, Frogtown, Echo Park, and more. We combine industry tools and deep knowledge with customized solutions for every patient. Our comprehensive care includes dental sealants.
Discover how Silverlake Smiles can help today when you call us at (213) 631-7799!