Silverlake Dental Implants
Modern dentistry has made it possible to replace missing teeth with artificial ones that look and function just like natural teeth. Dental implants provide one such solution, and Silverlake Smiles is proud to offer this type of tooth replacement to our patients in Silverlake, CA, and the surrounding area.
Dental Implants and Their Benefits
A dental implant includes a titanium post that we surgically place in the patient’s jawbone. Once the implant bonds with the bone, we will attach a replacement tooth (or teeth). This dental implement offers many advantages over traditional dentures, including:
- Aesthetics. Implants look just like natural teeth. We can even match the color of the replacement teeth to the patient’s natural ones.
- Functionality. Teeth implants allow our patients to eat, speak, and smile with ease and confidence.
- Convenience. Implants do not require any special care. The patient can brush and floss them just like natural teeth.
- Improved oral health. Unlike other tooth replacement options, teeth implants do not put extra stress on the patient’s remaining teeth.
- Improved bone health. Dental implants actually help to preserve the patient’s jawbone, which can start to deteriorate after tooth loss.
- Durability. With proper care, implants can last many decades without needing a replacement.
Choosing the Right Type of Implant
Depending on the patient’s individual needs, we may recommend one of the following types of dental implants:
- Single tooth implants. As the name implies, we use single tooth implants to replace a missing tooth.
- All-on-4 dental implants. We use all-on-4 dental implants to replace an entire arch of teeth. It only requires four implants per arch, making it a more affordable choice than placing individual implants for each tooth.
- Multiple implants. For rare cases where all-on-4 implants aren’t an option, we may recommend placing multiple implants in the jawbone to support a full set of dentures.
We understand that choosing to get dental implants is a big decision. Our team will work with the patient to help them make the best choice for their needs and budget.
Learn About the Dental Implant Process
The first step in the dental implant process includes coming to the dental office for a consultation. During this visit, we will examine the patient’s mouth, take X-rays, and determine whether they make a good candidate for dental implants. If they are, we will develop a treatment plan.
The next step places the implants in the jawbone. This is a surgical procedure that we perform under local anesthesia. Once the implants are in place, we will allow them to heal and bond with the bone for several months.
After the implants have bonded with the bone, our team will attach the artificial tooth or teeth. We will schedule regular post-operative visits to ensure the patient’s oral health and make any necessary adjustments to the implants.
Consult With Our Silverlake Dentists Today
We at Silverlake Smiles offer everything from oral hygiene to dental implants. Call (213) 631-7799 today to learn more about our services and how we can help you achieve optimal oral health.