Residents living in Silverlake, CA, and nearby can learn if they need composite fillings (tooth-colored fillings). Call Silverlake Smiles today at (213) 631-7799!
Even with proper oral hygiene, cavities and tooth decay can still happen. Luckily, composite fillings (tooth-colored fillings) can resolve this issue while blending in with your natural tooth structure.
However, receiving the proper dental fillings begins with working with the right team. You want to receive appropriate, affordable care from qualified dentists. Silverlake Smiles proudly helps Silverlake, CA, and the surrounding areas obtain the best dental health.
What Are Tooth-Colored Composite Fillings?
Composite fillings (tooth-colored fillings) are a form of dental restoration designed with plastic and ceramic compounds and composite resin. Composite fillings fill in decayed teeth and fix broken or chipped teeth.
Tooth-colored fillings have many advantages over other materials like gold, silver, and ceramic:
- Composite resin is far cheaper than other choices like gold and silver.
- Easy to apply and highly durable.
- Since these fillings bond to the teeth chemically, less of a patient’s overall tooth structure needs removal.
- The tooth-colored material closely matches the natural look of teeth.
- Materials like gold and silver can sometimes corrode. This corrosion may stain the teeth.
Dental Fillings and Sealants
At Silverlake Smiles, we believe in solving current problems while providing preventative solutions.
To that end, we ensure composite fillings are perfectly compatible with dental sealants. Therefore, we typically recommend Silverlake residents get both treatments in the same session.
Dental sealants are a tiny coating applied to your teeth—mostly molars and premolars. This coating helps prevent the harmful effects of plaque, bacteria, and excess food particles.
Our dentists can even administer a mixture of dental sealants and composite fillings. When combined, this process can prevent future tooth decay. While rare, our team can also add more composite fillings or sealants to repair tooth damage.
Life after Getting Composite Fillings (Tooth-Colored Fillings)
Most patients can resume their normal activities immediately following the procedure. However, your teeth might have increased sensitivity to the cold and heat. While this side effect should go away, contact our office if it persists for more than a week.
Tooth-colored fillings will last between five to seven years. However, this longevity can depend upon a few factors:
- The location of the filling in the mouth: molars and premolars tend to have a shorter lifespan.
- A patient’s overall oral hygiene: patients should brush at least twice a day, floss, and schedule regular check-ups.
- Diet: with composite fillings, it’s best to avoid hard or chewy foods.
- Bruxism: when a patient clenches or grinds their teeth.
Silverlake Smiles is Here to Help in Silverlake, CA
Having tooth decay or chipped, broken teeth can significantly lower a patient’s confidence. Luckily, Silverlake Smiles can help you start smiling again. Our composite fillings (tooth-colored fillings) are cost-effective and easy to apply.
Silverlake, CA, residents can discover if composite fillings are right for them when they call Silverlake Smiles at (213) 631-7799!